Tuesday 27 September 2016

DAY 9: Very Sensitive: Constructive criticism, Advice, and Feedback

DAY 9: Very Sensitive: Constructive criticism, Advice, and Feedback

Being very sensitive is common among people who have BPD. I watched a documentary with a women who experienced being very sensitive to people who are to inform her about something. It could be advice about their personal circumstances, and/or constructive criticism. No matter what it is - If the individual feels pressured or like they're being attacked - they just get upset.. it's taken so personally. Often the people on the opposite end feel like they cannot say anything in fear of that person becoming upset. I relate to this a lot.

I've started to become more aware of how strong my reactions can be when people say things to me. They're like big jolts of energy that are somewhat intense, and the only way to really let it go is to breathe in that moment.

Here - This point is going to be about constructive criticism, advice, and feedback.

There has been a consideration for weeks about how I am going to take constructive criticism, advice, and feedback about my writings and/or in work situations. It has not just been a consideration it is a fear of how I am going to feel about it. A fear of my own reactions , fear of taking things personally, a fear of taking it to heart.

Next week I am to start my volunteer work at an organisation. I am at this organisation going to be given a lot of directions. I'll be working with young girls of school age, admin work, and working with youth. The role is one that won't come without it's challenges. Here I am going to have to make use of all of the constructive criticism, feedback, and advice so that I can be the best I can be in the work role. If I let my emotional reactions get the better of commonsense then I won't survive in that role.

It works the same for assistance/support with my writings. If I am not using commonsense when it comes to receiving constructive criticism, advice, and feedback from people who have years of experience - Then I won't survive in that position. Constructive criticism, feedback, and advice from experienced people in a specific field or study is merely just information that is designed to assist/support for considerations and to make improvements were necessary.

It is my job to look at the information to find where I can apply it/live it to assist/support myself in process and/or volunteer role.


I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear receiving constructive criticism, advice, and feedback.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the reactions that are going to come up in moments of receiving constructive criticism, advice, and feedback.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge myself very harshly when I receive constructive criticism, advice, and feedback.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel worthless when someone give me constructive criticism, feedback, and advice.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to interpret someone give me constructive criticism, advice, and feedback to mean that I am not good enough.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear taking what is said to heart.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that constructive criticism, feedback, and advice is about making improvements not about self-victimization.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to dislike others giving me constructive criticism, feedback and advice.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I can grow without receiving outside assistance/support with people who have had experience in a particular study, and/or field.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that people can be mirrors to ourselves.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see/realize/understand that in organisations they have a specific way of working, and if advice is given for improvements then it is up to me to apply those changes that meets the needs of the particular organisation in a best for all perspective.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to let my emotional reactions overpower my commonsense.

When and as I see myself reacting to someone giving me constructive criticism, advice, and feedback - I stop and I breathe - I realize that the information that this individual is giving me is for me to take into consideration, and find where I can apply it in my own life/living so that I can improve.

When and as I see myself going into self-victimization after receiving constructive criticism, feedback, and advice - I stop and I breathe - I realize that constructive criticism, feedback, and advice does not mean that I am worthless, not good enough, or anything in that way - It about pointing out things that I may not recognize of myself, and making improvements there.

I commit myself to take consideration of the information that is giving to me as constructive criticism, advice, and feedback.

















No comments:

Post a Comment